If you witness a vehicle tipping the waste and the offence is ongoing, contact the police on 101. If the waste appears to be in or near a watercourse, contact the Environment Agency Emergency Hotline on 0800 80 70 60.
In order to report fly-tipping you will need as much information as possible including:
- The exact location and type of land.
- A description of the person(s) fly-tipping.
- The date and time the fly-tipping was seen, including the time the offence started and finished.
- Details of where you were at the time.
- Details of any other witnesses with you.
- A description (make, colour, markings) and registration number of any vehicle involved.
- The type and estimated quantity of the waste tipped.
Do not put yourself in danger by handling the rubbish or confronting fly-tippers.