Investigations for noise complaints may be limited if you choose to remain anonymous or withhold your telephone number.
The Noise Team operates between 08.30 and 16.30 Monday to Friday.
A standby service is available between 08.00 and midnight 7 days a week.
To report any of the following disturbances, please contact us on 0191 278 7878 and we will pass your details to the correct Team.
You can also report the online.
- Noisy Neighbours
- Animal Noise
- Burglar Alarm sounding
- Noise outside the boundaries of Licenced premises
- Fireworks between the hours of 11.00 pm and 7.00 am
or After midnight Nov 5 or After 1.00am on Diwali, New Year's Eve
or Chinese New Year
- Industrial noise
- Construction or DIY noise
If you are reporting serious anti-social behaviour please contact Northumbria Police on the non-emergency number 101. These reports can include:
- Burglar Alarms where a crime may have been committed
- Noise from inside the boundaries of Licenced premises
- Fireworks outside the hours of 11.00pm and 7.00 am or
After midnight on November 5 or
After 1.00am on Diwali, New Year’s Eve or
Chinese New Year